Chief Engineer is responsible for the effective daily leadership of his/her staff, managing the engineering program to the highest level of quality work and customer service and the administration of his/ her department in alignment with Codina Partners Corporate Objectives. Responsible for the planning, implementation, coordination, and supervision of all tasks and activity regarding the mechanical operations its maintenance and modifications taking place at his/ her assigned properties. The Chief Engineer will ensure that the plant, infrastructure and its associated equipment operate safely, efficiently and reliably. This includes building systems utilized for communicating and reporting such as energy management, preventive maintenance, work order, building automation and fire protection as example. The Chief Engineer will exhibit a strong formal knowledge of operational and technical skills, and will be accountable for staff performance and execution of assignments.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide leadership and supervision of engineering and maintenance staff, including hiring, training, personnel development and performance review
- Oversee properties totaling 600k square feet or more
- Conduct and assist with inspections and surveys, including energy audits and analysis, HVAC, electrical and plumbing systems, environmental and ADA compliance
- Supervise and review technical operations, surveys, energy audits and analysis, HVAC and electrical and plumbing systems, environmental compliance, ADA compliance and acquisitions, and third-party surveys
- Support property management in the development and updating of preventive maintenance and engineering procedures, hazardous materials communication plans, fire safety and emergency action plans, life safety programs, quality control for domestic and process water and indoor air quality programs
- Assist in the development of the property(s) operations budget. Provide operating cost estimates and comparisons in regard to service contracts, R&M estimates, utility consumption and spend, supplies, repair parts, department payroll , life safety programs and procedures, domestic water quality control, and enforcement of EPA and OSHA compliance
- Assist in the development of the Capital Budget Program, as well as the short and long term planning and analytics
- Coordinate and track career development for engineers and perform or assist in mid-year/annual performance evaluations of all engineering staff
- Oversee all building systems, including fire/life safety programs, plumbing, HVAC and electrical issues; must remain current with latest HVAC technology trends as well as preventive and predictive maintenance methodology
- Coordinate maintenance efforts with outside contractors, tenant finish personnel and engineers
- Assist Property Management in the review and approval of construction documents. Ensure building standards are applied and adhered too accordingly
- Develop specifications and assist in solicitation and administration of maintenance/repair service contracts
- Ensure compliance with applicable codes, requisitions, government agencies, and company directives related to building operations
- Communication Proficiency (oral and written)
- Interpersonal Skills
- Organization Skills
- Technical Proficiency
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- 5+ years engineering experience with significant supervisory responsibility in a commercial property setting
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge and understanding of all applicable practices/techniques, laws, project controls, and environmental regulations
- Familiar with Energy Management System (EMS)/programming, fire alarm systems, and Building Management Systems
- Proficiency in the preparation of staff schedules, after hour assignment scheduling and coordination, preventive maintenance schedules and the ability to assess and prioritize immediate
- General knowledge of the property management financial reporting with primary focus on R&M expenses, Utility expenses and Capital expenses, as they pertain the department’s allocated monthly and annual budget. Should possess the knowledge to clearly explain favorable and unfavorable variances the monthly and year to date R&M and Utility
- Basic Computing Skills in Outlook, Excel & Word
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate with others and exchange accurate information; operate a computer and other office productivity machinery; move about the workplace routinely.
Interested applicants can send their resume to: HR@Codina.com