Seeking a highly skilled and experienced Corporate Controller for a leading Real Estate Development & Asset Management company in Miami, Florida.
As the Corporate Controller, you will be responsible for overseeing all financial operations and ensuring the accuracy and integrity of the company’s financial records.
- Provide oversight and leadership to the accounting department, including staffing, training, and mentoring of approximately 8 team members.
- Manage various accounting functions, such as accounts receivable, accounts payable, treasury management, general ledger accounting, and entity consolidations.
- Ensure timely, accurate, and efficient monthly accounting close.
- Investigate and explain variances in financial results and implement corrective measures.
- Serve as a liaison between the company and external property management firms.
- Conduct technical accounting research and provide resolutions when necessary.
- Establish and implement company-wide accounting policies and procedures.
- Manage the annual financial audit process and tax return preparation process.
- Assist the VP of Accounting & Finance and CFO in the preparation and completion of the fiscal year budgets and forecasts to project financial performance accurately.
- Monitor cash flow, manage banking relationships, and optimize working capital.
- Implement and maintain effective internal controls to safeguard company assets.
- Maintain and enhance accounting and finance policies, processes, and procedures to ensure compliance with US GAAP.
- Identify opportunities to revise or create new policies and procedures for improved efficiency and effectiveness.
- Preparation and monitoring of debt compliance.
- Management of development budgets and bank draw request preparation and submission.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field.
- Proven management experience and the ability to lead a team.
- Commercial Real Estate industry experience and proficiency in Yardi Enterprise System (preferred).
- CPA certification (preferred).
Start Building The Future.