The Painter performs skilled painting functions for a commercial or industrial building or facility often working independently but also in conjunction with the other building trades on projects, repairs, maintenance, upgrades, remodeling, and emergency situations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May be responsible for one or more of the following:
- Performs all types of commercial and industrial painting work
- Prepares various surfaces for painting by washing, scraping, burning, sanding, sandblasting or other means as necessary
- Mixes, matches, and blends various paints, enamels, lacquers, varnishes, stains and special protective coatings to achieve desired color, consistency, and drying Caulks, putties, cements or plasters holes and cracks
- Paints buildings, structures, equipment, and furniture using brush, spray gun or another Prepares wall and hangs paper or other wall covering material
- Erects and uses ladders, scaffolding, and swinging stage equipment as required
- Inspects facilities, systems and their components for the purpose of ensuring safety and identifying necessary repairs and providing an ongoing program of preventive maintenance
- Coordinates with building/facility management, administration, and other trades for the purpose of completing projects/work orders efficiently
- Maintains a ready supply and inventory of necessary materials, paint and related products, equipment and tools necessary to complete work and repairs
- Prepares documentation in a variety of written and electronic formats for the purpose of providing written support in compliance with regulations and/or conveying information
High school diploma/GED equivalent
A minimum of three years skilled experience of commercial or industrial buildings and facilities with at least 1 year at the level of journeyman.
Interested applicants can send their resume to: HR@Codina.com